Service Design: a reading primer
Some good reading on Service Design - the topic of NEXT's October conference…
As you may have noticed, we're organising Service Design 2012 conference in October. If you know what service design is, you're probably already excited. If you don't you might well want to know what it is, and why we're so excited about it. So, here's a few links to get you started. They are just some appetisers to satisfy your hunger until we provide you with more details on the conference (coming up soon!):
- As ever, Wikipedia has a comprehensive description, although it's not going to win any awards for its readability in this case.
- The Service Design Network created a video that runs through the basics.
- The Design Council has a whole section devoted to a user's guide to service design, that as some helpful elements like a business case, and some case studies.
- Experientia's Puuting People First blog has a useful service design category.
- The McKinsey Quarterly ran an interesting article on the human factor in service design in the January issue - but you need to register (for free) to read it.
- The UK's Guardian newspaper explored the role of service design in cultural innovation late last year - and has a whole section of the site devoted to service design.