Monday morning catch-up reading
Five stories to kickstart your week - or to make for an interesting lunchbreak…
The sun is dawning on a big week for NEXT this morning – but more of that in the days to come. In the meantime, here’s a selection of interesting stories from the last few days to kickstart your Monday:
- Still interested in the Google/Nest deal? Jean-Louis Gassée has a detailed meta-analysis of the commentary around the deal – and some suggestion of the hidden motivations behind the deal.
- *New Scientist* reports on a drone that can stay stable in high winds:
- *GigaOM* has an interesting piece on the growing intersection of fashion, retail and tech.
- In a similar vein, are Bluetooth-based iBeacons the future of retail shops?
- A sign of some of the growing tensions in Silicon Valley: Google has hired security guards for its staff buses.
Got something you think we should read? Drop us an e-mail!