#NEXT21 – All you need to know
Our NEXT Conference Limited Edition is taking place on September 24, 2021 as a hybrid event – IRL and via livestream. Here's all you need to know.
On September 24, 2021 the NEXT team invites you to the first conference in two years: The NEXT Conference Limited Edition! Our hybrid festival will be celebrated with a limited crowd on site and via livestream from Hamburg’s Schmidts Tivoli theatre on the world-famous Reeperbahn. Get ready for keynotes, discussions and music. NEXT takes a look into the future – how will new technologies, markets and people’s behaviour evolve in the post-pandemic era?
We will kick-off the NEXT21 Livestream on September 24th at 09:45 am and will present amazing keynotes until 3:00 pm CEST. You can join NEXT21 for free using the link below (We recommend using a current version of Chrome and that you disable your ad blockers). To enable interaction, our stream will also allow you to chat with other attendees and submit questions to the speakers.
Who is speaking when and on what subject?
Want a quick overview of who is speaking when and about what? Scroll through our sessions featuring independent analyst Benedict Evans, data and personalisation expert Timandra Harkness, best-selling author Parag Khanna, artist and journalist Oobah Butler and many more.
To guarantee maximum safety for every participant at the Tivoli morning, please arrive within your personal registration slot assigned to you via email. Location: Schmidts Tivoli, Spielbudenplatz 21/22, 20359 Hamburg
Staying safe at NEXT21
NEXT21 will take place under 3G+ regulations. This means that an official, negative Covid-19 test performed by a registered test centre is required for all participants entering the NEXT Conference: (self-testing is not accepted). Your options are:
- A valid negative Corona test from a test centre (see below). The test must be from September 24th
- Alternatively a PCR test taken within the last 24 hours
- You have been fully vaccinated or have recovered? You will also need a negative Covid-19 test. Proof of vaccination or recovery is not sufficient.
Please arrange a Covid-19 test BEFORE entering the venue.
Test centres close to our location:
- Corona Freepass, Spielbudenplatz 1, 20359 Hamburg – Opens at 7 am
Book an appointment »
- Coronatest St. Pauli, Reeperbahn 115, 20359 Hamburg – Opens at 8 am
Book an appointment »
- An overview of all test centres in Hamburg here
Opening hours of our test centre:
Alternatively, we will also have a test centre at Schmidts Tivoli. However, due to the number of guests, it cannot be guaranteed that your test will be evaluated before the programme starts. The order of tests are assigned on a “first come first served” basis – no appointments bookable. Please bring your ID-card or passport.
Test slots are available between 7:30 am – 9:15 am at Schmidts Tivoli, Spielbudenplatz 21/22, 20359 Hamburg.
Hygiene rules @ NEXT
- In Hamburg, masks are mandatory inside buildings (surgical mask or FFP2/KN95/N95). Make sure the mask covers your nose, mouth and chin. You can take off your face masks once you’re seated.
- A minimum distance of 1.5 m from others must be maintained at all times.
- We recommend regular hand washing.
- Hand disinfection will be provided at several stations.
NEXT offers an exciting and colourful mix of locations. From Schmidts Tivoli, our conference HQ – an iconic Wilhelmine theatre with a long tradition at the heart of St. Pauli – to the MS NEXT harbour boat. Most of the locations are within 10 minutes walk.
- Schmidts Tivoli – 9:45 am – 3:00 pm – Keynote Stage
- GAGA – 3:00 – 6:00 pm – Panels and networking
- MS NEXT – 3:45 – 7:00 pm – Networking Boat Trip
- Jazz Café – Mojo Club – 6:00 – 11:00 pm – Networking & Closing Drinks
- Reeperbahn Festival – 06:00 -11:00 pm – Concerts
Enjoy Reeperbahn Festival !
Here are our personal concert suggestions for you:
7:00 – 7:40 pm: Schmyt @ Übel & Gefährlich
7:00 – 8:00 pm: ÄTNA x NDR Bigband @ Elbphilharmonie
9:30 – 10:30 pm: Weval II @ ARTE Concert Stage
10:00 – 11:00 pm: William Fitzsimmons @ St. Michaelis Kirche
11:00 – 00:15 pm: RY X @ Elbphilharmonie
Please note: For contact tracing in the event of Covid-19 infections and for details of capacities in the venues, you need to log in via a QR code when entering the venues and log out when leaving. Please download the PartyMate app in advance and enter your contact details before you arrive.
Let’s share the experience!
Follow @nextconf on Twitter to make sure you don’t miss out on any last-minute updates. Of course, we will also share lots of impressions on LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook. If you want to learn more about NEXT and its projects, please browse through our website or have a look at our YouTube channel.
Or use our official hashtag #NEXT21 and tell us what you have learned or show us where you are watching the livestream from!