Christian “Mio” Loclair, creative director at Waltz Binaire, is a media artist and choreographer from Berlin, Germany.
He explores the harmonic friction of human bodies, movement and nature colliding with digital aesthetics. Using cutting edge technology in interactive installations, audio-visual experiences, visual narratives and dance performances, he continuously illuminates the beauty and drama of human identity.
He is publishing his work on mobile applications, digital projections and theatre stages around the world for independent and commissioned projects.
• Talk @ MIT (Hacking Arts)
• Talk @ Mercedes Benz X SXSW (MeConvention)
• Talk @ Offf, Ars Electronica, Fiber, Kikk, Node ...
• Honorary Mention Ars Electronica 2016
• Winner solo contest Pina Bausch Festival 2008 (Wutal)
• Top 16 world ranked dance soloist 2007, 2010 (UK BBoy Championships)
• Scientific paper gestural micro interactions at Mobile HCI 2010 Lisbon
• Featured Artist Google, Mercedes Benz, BMW, Goethe Institute