Status: September 16, 2016
- General: These general terms and conditions (hereafter referred to as ‘T&Cs’) apply to the electronic ordering of all forms of tickets for NEXT Conference events. The NEXT Conference is a co-operation between FAKTOR 3 Live GmbH, Kattunbleiche 35, 22041 Hamburg and SinnerSchrader AG, Völckersstraße 38, 22765 Hamburg (hereafter ‘NEXT Conference’). NEXT Conference has appointed Hypertiny, 64 Mount Street Lower, Dublin 2, Ireland (www.ti.to) as service provider for the management of invitations and tickets for the NEXT Conference. Hypertiny enables the registration for, and payment of, tickets for the NEXT Conference. By ordering tickets for the NEXT Conference, the customer accepts these T&Cs. Any conditions of the customer deviating from these T&Cs have no validity.
- Completion of contract and content: The customer selects an offer to complete a contract, in that he or she chooses one or more tickets on the input screen and clicks on the ‚Continue’ button. The attendance fee includes the conference costs of the NEXT Conference for the programme as selected by the customer. NEXT Conference reserves the right to change speakers and topics. The contract regarding the sale of ticket(s) becomes binding when a confirmation email from NEXT Conference is sent to the email address given by the customer as part of the order. The email contains a confirmation and an attached pdf file for printing out the tickets and the invoice. In purchasing tickets for this NEXT Conference event the customer receives as a bonus the opportunity to attend the Reeperbahn Festival to the extent that he or she wishes. The Reeperbahn Festival is organised by Inferno Events GmbH & Co. KG, whose T&Cs the customer automatically accepts by attending the Reeperbahn Festival. These are available at http://newsletter.reeperbahnfestival.com/Conference/AGBs.html.
- Payment terms: Tickets may be paid for via PayPal, credit card or invoice. In the case of payments by invoice, the sum is payable within 10 days of receipt, unless otherwise stated on the invoice. In case of delays in payment or chargeback by PayPal or credit card, NEXT Conference reserves the right to, but is not bound to, withdraw from the contract or to refuse entry to NEXT Conference events, until the amount outstanding is settled.
- Refunds / No-shows: As per § 312b paragraph 3 of the German Civil Code (BGB), refunds are excluded, as is a retraction of the contract. On receipt of the confirmation email, the ticket order is immediately binding, obligating acceptance of, and payment for, the tickets ordered. An alternate may take the place of a registered participant. Refunds of attendance fees will not be entertained in the case of no-shows.
- Entry to the NEXT Conference: To gain entry to NEXT Conference events, on the day of the event the customer must present the ticket sent by email, printed out in an easily legible form. In exchange for the ticket the customer will receive a wristband enabling entry to the NEXT Conference event which he or she booked, as well as – if required – a wristband enabling entry to the Reeperbahn Festival. Both wristbands must be put on immediately and may not be passed on to other persons. In the case of lost tickets or wristbands, no claims for a refund of the attendance fee or for a replacement ticket or wristband will be entertained. The reproduction of tickets is not permitted. The customer is obliged to hold on to tickets in such a way as to prevent any misuse. The customer will be held responsible for misuse of the tickets.
- Postponement or cancellation: NEXT Conference reserves the right to cancel or postpone the event. In the case of cancellation of NEXT Conference events, customers who have already bought tickets will be notified and the entrance fee refunded. In such cases, customers have no entitlement to entry to the Reeperbahn Festival, if this has not been affected by the cancellation. In the case of postponement of NEXT Conference events, NEXT Conference will contact customers who have purchased tickets via the email given when purchasing the tickets. In such cases the customer may choose to attend the events on the rescheduled date or to receive a refund of the attendance fee. The customer must advise NEXT Conference of his or her decision within 14 days of receipt of the information regarding the postponement. Otherwise, he or she has no claim to a refund of the attendance fee. In the case of the cancellation or postponement of the Reeperbahn Festival, the customer has no claim to a partial refund of the attendance fee for NEXT Conference events.
- Liabilities and damages: NEXT Conference accepts unlimited liability for customer damages attributable to deliberate or gross negligence on its part. In the case of breaches of duty due to slight negligence, NEXT Conference accepts liability only for a breach of a material contractual obligation (cardinal duty). Material contractual obligations are those necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose of the contract. In this instance liability is limited to contractually typical and direct damages foreseeable when the contract was completed. This applies also to breaches of duty by legal representatives and/or vicarious agents. Liability arising from culpable injury to life, limb or health is exempted from this limitation of liability.
- Closing provisions: The place of fulfilment and court of jurisdiction, to the extent that this is permitted by law, is Hamburg. Should one or more provisions of these T&Cs prove invalid or contain loopholes, this does not affect the validity of the remaining terms and conditions. The parties will replace or extend the invalid or incomplete provision with an appropriate provision which comes closest to its commercial purpose.